Scroll down for driving directions and distances, and for downloadable maps.
Area Airport Information
Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) - The Sunport is the most common gateway for visitors to Taos as it provides the most flight options for travelers. Airlines serving the Sunport include America West, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Great Lakes, Mesa Air, Northwest Reno Air, Southwest, TWA, United, and US Air. The Sunport has full compliment of rental car agencies located in a convenient Sunport Car Rental Center. Average drive time between the Albuquerque airport and Taos Ski Valley is roughly 2.5 to 3 hours.
Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF) - Santa Fe airport offers more limited flight options with a reduced drive time to Taos. Avis and Hertz are the only rental car agencies with offices at the airport. American Eagle Airlines is currently the only commercial carrier serving the Santa Fe Airport with three daily flights out of Santa Fe to and from Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) and one daily flight to and from Los Angeles (LAX).
Taos Municipal Airport (SKX) - Private Airport with no commercial service at this time. Single runway is 5,800 feet by 75 feet wide at 7,095-foot elevation. FBO services and additional navigation information can be found at www.airnav.com/airport/KSKX. GPS and VOR approaches available. FBO services provided by Taos Aviation Services.
Just steps away from the main lift, in the heart of Taos Ski Valley!
Photo: A shot of the TSV Base Area, Chair 1 and a circle showing the location
of the Brownell Chalet.
Car Rental Companies
Shuttle / Taxi Services to and from Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos:
- Albuquerque: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty
- Santa Fe Municipal Airport: Hertz and Avis
- Taos: Enterprise is now operating out of Taos and Taos Airport, 575-758-5553
- Twin Hearts Express: 800-654-9456, 575-751-1201
TSV Airport Shuttle
Taos Ski Valley Airport Shuttle provides daily year-round service to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports. Convenient pick-up and drop-off locations allow you to meet your friends and family, hit the slopes and trails, or access lodging quickly and easily.
Please allow 2 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Santa Fe Airport (1.5 hours to or from town of Taos) and 3 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Albuquerque Sunport (2.5 hours to or from town of Taos).
- Credit card required at the time of reservation
- All prices exclude tax
- Reservations are recommended 48 hours in advance
Daily Airport Shuttle Schedule
- $50-67 one way, per person
- $100-125 roundtrip, per person
- No pets
- Child seats not provided
- Times vary due to weather
- 7 Day cancellation for full refund
For Airport Shuttle reservations, call 1 800-776-1111.
- 7:00am & 11:00am > Depart Taos Ski Valley
- 8:00am & 12:00pm > Depart Town of Taos
- 12:30pm & 3:30pm > Depart ABQ Sunport Airport
- 1:45pm & 4:45pm > Depart Santa Fe Airport
Taos to Taos Ski Valley:
- Take I-25 North about 70 miles to Santa Fe.
- Right before reaching Santa Fe: Take 599 N (Relief Route).
- Follow 599 N to Espanola/Taos exit.
- Watch for: Route 68 at Pojoaque.
- Route 68 becomes Route 64 in Taos.
- Approximate nonstop driving time from Albuquerque to Taos is 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Follow Route 64 N through the Taos commercial district and historic town center.
- Continue north on 64 to the traffic light approximately 4 miles north of town, at junction of 64 / 522 / 150.
- Turn right on 150 N to Arroyo Seco / Valdez / Taos Ski Valley.
- Follow 150 through Arroyo Seco, past Valdez valley and into National Forest towards Taos Ski Valley.
- Taos Ski Valley is 22 miles from Taos Plaza and 10 miles from Arroyo Seco.
Driving Distances / Approximate Times to Taos Ski Valley
|Albuquerque 150 mi / 2:45
||Amarillo 302 mi / 4:30
||Austin 764 mi / 12:00
|Colorado Springs 230 mi / 3:45
||Dallas 682 mi / 10:30
||Denver 300 mi / 4:30
|Durango 208 mi / 3:15
||El Paso 400 mi / 6:00
||Oklahoma City 558 mi / 8:15
|Phoenix 568 mi / 8:30
||Santa Fe 90 mi / 1:30
||Tucson 569 mi / 8:30
Download Area Maps
Southwest New Mexico Regional Map (PDF)
Town of Taos Map (PDF)
Village of Taos Ski Valley Map (PDF)
Maps and travel information courtesy Taos Ski Valley and TaosWebb.com.